A Message from our Safeguarding Support Officer
My name is Laura Horne and I am the Safeguarding Support officer here at Ravensthorpe Junior School.
My role is to support staff, students and parents with ALL issues that cause barriers to learning, including behaviour, attendance, social and emotional issues.
I consider myself to be very approachable. I am here to listen. I want to support you and your child to overcome problems that may have an impact on their learning. This includes issues or concerns that you or your child may have at home or at school.
Please do not hesitate to come into school to speak with me at any time. You can also ring for an appointment on the school number.
Our safeguarding policy applies to all adults, including volunteers, working in or on behalf of the school. It sets out the procedures we follow as a school in exercising our duty to safeguard our staff and pupils.
Everyone working in or for our school service shares an objective to help keep children and young people safe by contributing to:
- providing a safe environment for children and young people to learn and develop in our school setting, and
- identifying children and young people who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure they are kept safe both at home and in our school setting.
Keeping children safe is everyone’s responsibility. If you are concerned about a pupil at this school, you should contact the following:
- Ravensthorpe CE (VC) Junior School: Tel: 01924 907082. You can share your concerns with Miss J L Alderson, Headteacher and Designated Safeguarding Lead for school, or Laura Horne, Safeguarding Officer and Deputy DSL.
- MASH Team (Social Services): 01484 456848
- Out of Hours Service (Social Services): 01484 414933
- NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
Helpful Links and Information
The CLICK CEOP button is here to allow you to report any online, or real world, abuse. Use the button if you or your friend (up to age 18) has been forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity with anyone online, or in the real world
How do I report child abuse, or register my concerns?
Click on the image below to find out how to report abuse
Click here to read the government document Working Together to Safeguard Children.
Our school follows the current Safe Practice guidance to be found in Kirklees Safeguarding Procedures at:
And one last thing...
Procedures for Reporting Misconduct Allegations Regarding a Member of Staff or Head Teacher.
Should any parent, child or member of staff have any concerns regarding the conduct of a member of staff, then in the first instance this should be reported to the Head Teacher, Miss Alderson, who is the Designated Safeguarding Person for Ravensthorpe CE (VC) Junior School. Concerns regarding the Headteacher should be reported to the Chair of Governors, Revd. Canon Wildey.