Parents will be asked to complete a form indicating the meal option for their child. The school should be notified in writing of any change to this decision.
We use the Parent Pay system for payment of school meals. Please note that money should not be brought into school to pay for dinners; dinner money should be deposited via the Parent Pay website. Please click on the link below for further information.
Information about free meals may be obtained from the Education Social Work Service, Kirklees Information Point, The Walsh Building, Town Hall Way, Dewsbury (Telephone: 01924 326004). Packed lunches must be in a labelled container with a snap-on lid. A drink is provided at school for all those children who stay for dinner or sandwiches.
If you would like your child to go home for dinner, please make an appointment to discuss this with Miss Alderson, the Headteacher. Children who go home at lunchtime must not return to school before 12.55 pm and should be collected and returned to school by an adult.
From September 2023 school meals will cost £12.75 per week (£2.55 per day).
Who can apply for free school meals?
Children and young people who live in Kirklees who:
- Attend full time at a local authority school or sixth form.
- Are under 19 years of age
...and whose parents or carers receive one or more of the following:
- Income support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
It takes about 10 minutes to apply online. Click on the link.