Fundraising at Ravensthorpe
Fundraising is an important part of our work at Ravensthorpe Junior School. We like to support our local area and, more widely, Britain and the rest of the world. Through fundraising, we are able to help those in need and make a positive impact in the lives of others.
Comic Relief/Red Nose Day
In March, we raised LOTS of money for Comic Relief!
Raising money for Beau...
In January, we wore our brightest rainbow colours in support of Beau. Click here to find out more about Beau and her illness.
We are extremely lucky and grateful to have built relationships with local businesses. They have been kind enough to provide donations to school to support us with our fundraising activities for our children.
A big thank you to:
- The Rotary Club of Mirfield for donating £100 which was used to purchase new toys and games for playtime
- Mullaco in Dewsbury for donating boxes of Cadbury Crème Eggs which were used to raise funds for Attendance rewards
Friends of Ravensthorpe
We have recently introduced a fundraising initiative at school called ‘Friends of Ravensthorpe’. We plan to hold fundraising events throughout the school year and rely on the support of parents, the community, staff and pupils to make these events successful.
The money raised at these events goes towards enhancing the time our children spend at Ravensthorpe CE (VC) Junior School and to improve our building and grounds.
Our up-coming planned events will help to pay for
- Playground toys and equipment
- Garden maintenance and supplies for Gardening Club
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for Friends of Ravensthorpe with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
1) Click on the following link to join for free:
2) Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3) After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to Friends of Ravensthorpe - Dewsbury at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and Friends of Ravensthorpe - Dewsbury will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
Save the Children
In December, we raised £210 for Save the Children.
Children in Need
In November, we raised £250 for Children In Need.