Who can apply for free school meals?
- Attend full time at a local authority school or sixth form.
- Are under 19 years of age
- Income support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) is less than £16,190
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
You can apply online by clicking on the link below - it should only take about 10 minutes.
Further information about free meals may be obtained from the Education Social Work Service, Kirklees Information Point, The Walsh Building, Town Hall Way, Dewsbury (Telephone: 01924 326004).
Please click on the picture below for further information about applying for free school meals.
School Meals at Ravensthorpe CE (VC) Junior School
For more details about our school dinners please contact the school office on 01924 907082.
Parents will be asked to complete a form indicating the meal option for their child. The school should be notified in writing of any change to this decision.
We are now using the Parent Pay system for payment of school meals.
Information about free meals may be obtained from the Education Social Work Service, Kirklees Information Point, The Walsh Building, Town Hall Way, Dewsbury (Telephone: 01924 326004). Packed lunches must be in a labelled container with a snap-on lid. A drink is provided at school for all those children who stay for dinner or sandwiches.
If you would like your child to go home for dinner please make an appointment to discuss this with Mr Parkin, the head teacher. Children who go home at lunchtime must not return to school before 12.55 pm and should be collected and returned to school by an adult.
From September 2017 school meals will cost £10.60 per week (£2.12 per day)